For some years I’ve been expecting a Golden Age to dawn, mainly the outcome of some cosmic event(s) that will awaken us all to a higher state of being in which we’ll see ourselves differently, and will begin to behave differently, enough to change this present age into something much more “golden”.
Whilst I’ve been waiting for these cosmic events, I’ve found that we can live in a Golden Age right now, simply by changing the way we see ourselves.
I propose the following:
1. If we recognise ourselves to be spiritual souls essentially and primarily, rather than as our body and however else we see ourselves, and if we centre ourselves within ourselves as a soul, living here on Earth as the soul we are (within our body), with its inherent, God-given nature, we can spontaneously behave differently, more like we would choose to be if we were convinced we could be.
2. What is the nature of a soul? It’s logical to believe that the soul has within it, intrinsically, inherently, actually or as potential, all the qualities of its creator God or whoever or whatever you consider the prime creator to be. That means all the qualities we can all see in life itself; and that, on the whole, life is evolutionary, purposeful, good and right. On the whole, it operates to maintain a balance whilst moving ever onward and upward, everything is taken into account, it all operates as a complete wholeness, everything is connected, everything has its time and its season and, on the whole, everything moves in one of three directions: creative (positive), maintaining (balance), and destructive (negative).
3. As a soul, we have free will to choose which of these directions we want to take, what kind of soul we want to be. If we want to be positive, and work our way up the ladder of creative evolution, we need to display the qualities needed for that: love, creativity, service to others and to the greater whole. If we want to be negative, helping the destructive phases of life, we need to be hateful, fearful, selfish and harmful. To be a maintaining balance, we need to be a mixture of those things, in about-average degrees. One might say that humanity at present, as a whole, is somewhat on the destructive side of life. It may be that it only takes a few world leaders to set the direction for everyone.
4. If we want to help create a Golden Age, we need to be firmly on the positive side, we need to display those qualities which would help to create a Golden Age, such as high degrees of love for everyone and everything, which is unconditional love containing within it the myriad aspects of love including compassion, forgiveness, gratitude, charity, honour, unity, peace and so on; and high degrees of consideration of, and service to, others and to the greater whole.
5. If we would see ourselves as a spiritual soul living within a body here on Earth, living as if we are living in a Golden Age which is characterised by those positive qualities, we would very soon find that, in our own individual lives, we are living in a Golden Age; and the more people who learn from our example or from books or blogs like this one, the sooner the whole world will be living in a Golden Age.
6. Each of us, equally, has that choice.